what virtues must have a person today to make earth a better place to live in


 Virtue is moral excellence. A virtue is a trait or quality that is deemed to be morally good and thus is valued as a foundation of principle and good moral being. Personal virtues are characteristics valued as promoting collective and individual greatness
The four classic cardinal virtues are temperance, prudence, courage, and justice. Christianity derives the three theological virtues of faith, hope and love (charity) from 1 Corinthians. Together these make up the seven virtues; The moral virtues are attitudes, dispositions, and good habits that govern one's actions, passions, and conduct according to reason; and are acquired by human effort.
The cardinal virtues are:
·         Prudence: from prudentia meaning "seeing ahead, sagacity") is the ability to govern and discipline oneself by the use of reason. It is called the Auriga virtutum (the charioteer of the virtues) as it guides the other virtues.
·         Justice: is the virtue which regulates man in his dealings with others. Connected to justice are the virtues of religion, piety, and gratitude.
·         Fortitude: which Thomas Aquinas ranks third after prudence and justice and equates with brave endurance.Patience and perseverance are virtues related to fortitude.
·         Temperance: is the virtue which moderates in accordance with reason the desires and pleasures of the sensuous appetite. Related to temperance are the virtues of continence, humility, and meekness.
The theological virtues are:
·         Faith : is the infused virtue, by which the intellect, by a movement of the will, assents to the supernatural truths of Revelation, not on the motive of intrinsic evidence, but on the sole ground of the infallible authority of God revealing.
·         Hope is defined as a Divinely infused virtue, acts upon the will, by which one trusts, with confidence grounded on the Divine assistance, to attain life everlasting.
·         Charity is a divinely infused virtue, inclining the human will to cherish God for his own sake above all things, and man for the sake of God.



I think that a person must have this seven virtues or at least five of them because I think this is what a person is made of, the person is made of virtues that comes from his/her house from his/her father and mother; As a result, I’ve learned there are a lot of things I can’t change. I can’t change my eye-color, my height, and I certainly cannot change my past. Yet, I believe anyone can change their character, it’s not easy, but it is possible. For me, the first step was defining my values. I noticed that when I lived in accordance with my values I developed virtues. I found that with practice and dedication to living within these virtues, I am becoming a good man.
The ancient Greeks considered wisdom to be the master virtue, the one that directs all the others. Wisdom is good judgment. It enables us to make reasoned decisions that are both good for us and good for others. Wisdom tells us how to put the other virtues into practice—when to act, how to act, and how to balance different virtues when they conflict

Character is reflected in our behaviors, and often our behaviors are influenced by our beliefs. By defining our virtues, we solidify our beliefs about our values. Once defined, we have a blueprint to guide our actions as we strive to live a virtuous life. Here are 25 foundational virtues that I use as my map for living.
For conclusion I think that a person must have control of him/herself and have a balance of virtues because a man of no virtues is not a man , so every man has to have at least some  virtues

Comentarios

Entradas populares